CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MTV's 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom

I'm not going to lie. I love these shows. Not only do I love watching them, but I can relate to most of the girls. Sure I'm not 16, but I'm still a young mom going thru some of the struggles that they are facing. The one girl that I relate most to is Maci. Maci was my favorite girl on the original season of 16 and Pregnant and then she was on Teen Mom. I think her story is pretty much the same as mine. Especially when it comes down to her relationship with Ryan and mine with Joe. Both of those boys lacked in some ways or another. Joe used to go out with his friends a lot...every day almost, while I stayed home with Ty everyday...or he would sleep all the time or play mobsters all the time. Not fun for me! Maci's ex Ryan also used to go out often, and never really support her. They lived together, like Joe and I and then she moved back with her parents...like me. I think the problem with our guys was that they didn't see there was a problem which clearly there was. On a community site that I am on Baby Center there is always a debate going on about this show. One side says that it almost promotes teen pregnancy and the other side says that it shows how hard being a teen mother is. I agree with the second side. In the show they show the fun parts of being a mom, but most of it is about how hard it is. I am grateful that they created this show, as I believe that it will make teens think "Do I really want to be in that situation?" Can't wait for 16 and Pregnant tonight! Twins!! Ah I couldn't imagine!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it promotes it at all. If anything, teenagers need to take the entire show as a lesson in life. Kids think it's all fun and games to have a baby so they can name it cute names and buy cute things for it, until it gets here and they're like "What was I thinking?" I too, especially liked Maci haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwahahah I think that you know who needs to watch it!

    ReplyDelete