CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday- Random Picture day 3


This picture was taken on July 4th, 2009. Tyson would have been about 3 months old! My handsome baby and I did the Race for Virginia. It is such a great cause. Virginia used to live up my street, and sadly she passed away at the age of 9. I remember seeing her at an Easter Egg hunt in our community park, she was always so happy and fun loving, living her life to the fullest. Every year they have a race to celebrate her, and a friend from the community that has also passed. They also do a few other events in her name. Its wonderful seeing a community get together to celebrate someone so great. The race is always fun, I walked as I'm not the best runner, and my family walked/ran. There are prizes, donuts and even Ritas at the end!! I encourage everyone near me to check it out next year, July 4th. Its a fun event, and the proceeds go to Pediatric Cancer Research. Please check out their website, Race For Virginia

Tyson had lots of fun that day, he met a lot of new friends, and we can't wait to do it next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I knew Virginia very well from Girl Scouts - what a sweet and wonderful little girl - I love that they do this walk every year, and I love that Tyson participates in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete